Sunday 3 February 2008

Knit through those Sunday blues









To cheer myself up this dreary Sunday night, I thought I would try to do a roll call of all the projects I have completed in the past 12 months. When I start to write them all down it appears I am more prolific than I first thought. Shame I haven't got pics of everything though. 2007 was the year I made all of my Christmas presents. Mind you, I did start in January...
  • Cream and blue cardigan in Rowan Ribbon Twist that I made for a friend. Finished off with some gorgeous blue vintage buttons. Lucky girl even got a matching hat this Christmas
  • I finished off something I had started ages ago. It was sitting waiting to be sewed up for over a year. (I have a history of doing this) Shame on me. Anyway, I had knitted it several sizes too big for my daughter (just as well) and it's still too big now. It's a boxy jacket knitted in a green blue Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed . I couldn't find any "double-edged organza frill ribbon" ?? , so I finished it off with a crochet edging in a purple cotton and added a button, as it is still a bit large for Milly. I like the finished effect though...

  • Circular rug in Rowan Biggy print "Allsorts". I crocheted this and made it up as I went along. I ended up getting a commission to make another one for a friend to put in her daughters bedroom. So easy & quick to make on a massive hook, but very striking.

  • Favourite thing I made last year - Swing coat for my daughter in bright pink Debbie Bliss Stella yarn. The colour guarantees it is worn loads and everyone comments when she wears it as it is a really striking, simple design. All done in garter stitch. She is pictured wearing it on a trip to Jimmy's Farm in Essex (fab place, very family friendly, thoroughly recommend taking the little ones)
  • I made several crocheted twisted scarves in Rowan Ribbon twist. Great effect but very heavy when complete

  • 2 x asymmetrical wrap in Rowan Ribbon twist, one brown which I kept for myself and one grey which I gave to my niece. I wear mine all the time, especially at work wear the air conditioning is set to freezing all year. I will take a pic and post it, as it is a really useful item and very easy to knit. Knitted in SS, but you wear it on the reverse, which makes it quite unusual

  • Random crocheted hat for Milly to use up some left over cotton. She loves it, but invariably wears it backwards

  • Warm scarf for my husband using Rowan Spray. I knitted a cardigan for myself in Rowan Spray, but I've now decided I don't like it. One to be frogged. But yarn works really well for a scarf though. Lightweight and very warm. Just remembered I made another two of these. One for my dad for Christmas and one as a leaving present for a colleague.

  • Loads of crocheted white parcel string baskets

  • Crocheted parcel string table runner. thsi took ages but looked absolutely fab when finished. It knackered my hands -quite tough crocheting with string. This was a Christmas present for my sister in law.

  • Spider's web beaded scarf in lime green which I made for my mother in law. Made with Crystal Palace Kid merino - a great alternative to Rowan Kid Silk Haze

  • Mohair mix wrap for my Mum, beautiful purple colour which I finshed by hand beading around the edges.

  • Green merino wool wrap for a nursing friend, made with Elvincraft Merino DK. Beautiful wool to knit with

  • Grey 'circular' scarf for myself made with Elvincraft merino DK. Made the pattern up myself, and I have to say it's fab. Iwear it every day and it's really warm and very stylish...! I'll take a photo of that one too.

I'm going to stop for tonight as there are so many other projects from last year to be listed, and I am nearing completion of the cameo shawl...my knitting is beckoning me!


Until tomorrow....

No comments: