Sunday 17 February 2008

Glamorous Gloves

I've decided. Glamorous gloves it is. In fact after a few false starts, I have already completed one (of course it needs to be sewn up). I settled on left-over Louisa Harding Grace & Glisten from my shawl project and added an old Jaeger mohair yarn with silver (Jaeger Mohair Spun with Glitter) that I had picked up at a charity shop. I'm very pleased with the finished effect. Pics to follow later....

Today is such a beautiful sunny day, if a little cold. My old bike is being mended and we are all going out on a family bike ride to the park. Yesterday was mainly spent in the garden clearing overgrown flowerbeds and getting out the most evil prickly plant I have ever seen. Still not sure what it was, but my legs now look like they have been attacked by a cat, despite fact I was wearing jeans at the time.

Managed to remember to pick up some seed potatoes today as well, so they are now enconsed in the cupboard under the stairs to "chit" (I believe that is the technical term!

No comments: