Thursday 21 February 2008

Half a pair

Here is one unfinished glove. Very pleased with the overall effect. Still not sewn it up. But moved back to husbands jumper now, which is A Good Thing....

I was chatting to a friend last week about writing this blog and trying to encourage her to do the same (as unlike me she has something worthy to write), and I'm so pleased to say she has (and has even chosen the same template as me!). Karen's blog puts mine to shame and is about an altogether more serious topic: in her words "This blog will be an honest, warts and all description of my life with my autistic son. The ups, the downs, the good times, the bad times and the unexpected".

James and Milly are the same age. I met Karen on a dark and dismal January day in January 2004 at an NCT postnatal group when our babies were only a few months old. I have watched James grow up and experienced Karen's ups and downs in the early days after James' diagnosis, and the day-to-day difficulties of coping with James and the delightful, but sometimes mischievous Bea. But despite being so close, reading Karen's blog twice reduced me to tears.

http://livingnotdrowning.blogspot.com/

Karen is having an evening of respite tonight and coming round for a crochet lesson. Last time I tried to teach her a few weeks ago we were in a pub, and a couple of bottles of wine put paid to any serious attempts at crocheting. With better luck we will crack it this evening.

No comments: