Monday 11 February 2008

A Day of Completion


A few day's since my last post, but with good reason. I heard late on Friday that my sister in law was coming to visit on Saturday, and her completed jumper was sitting complete, but not sewn up on my 'shame' pile. I hadn't been able to face sewing in all those ends. But her visit spurred me on and so on Friday night I completed her cardigan, plus the shawl (even though I had worn shawl out on Thursday night - without adding flowers to collar)

But I think they both look great. What do you think?

Friend came round on Saturday night and saw my completed shawl and is desperate for me to start hers. But alas, I was waiting for a delivery of the Louisa Harding 'Grace' which forms the main body of the knitting, so all I had to be getting on with was husband's jumper (which he is now unsure whether he likes - tell me now, whilst I am on the sleeve, PLEASE! Not when I am halfway up the back). I was very tempted to start another project, but resisted. Very pleased with myself.

I've just realised it's my Mum's 70th in a few weeks time. Have I got enough time to make her something special? I do have some left over 'Grace' plus some Sari ribbon and the 'Glisten' in silver, maybe I could make a luxurious, very glamorous scarf? Mmm, have to ponder that one for a few days..

No comments: