Tuesday 26 February 2008

Favourite Uncle

No knitting yet this evening, but about to sit down. Pressure is on - got to sew up last glove for my Mum's present and just realised that my Uncles's 75th birthday is on Friday. Which definitely warrants a special gift - not just because of the auspicious age he has reached, but his birthday only comes round every 4 years. By my reckoning that actually makes him almost exactly half my age!
Anyway, what can I knit in one evening? Time limits my options somewhat, so I've decided on hat. I have some pebbly coloured Rowan Spray which will do the job I think - infact I have only really had success knitting it into hats and scarfs and crocheting it into rugs. I did make a green cardigan for myself in it (my favourite colour), but I've only worn it twice - it's destined to be frogged and re engineered into a rug.

Gotta go and get knitting!

No comments: