Tuesday 5 February 2008

Awkward Knitting

I don't know what it is about me - I think I just like to make things difficult for myself. Knitting on a crowded tube is really quite a challenge, but if I don't get my fix in the morning I'm just not ready for the day.

Next I tried to knit in a very crowded changing room whilst waiting for my daughter to finish her swimming lesson. Quite apart from the stares, I spend half the time trying not to drop the wool on the wet floor. Then I stuffed it into my bag, and by the time I'd got home I realised I'd dropped loads of stitches, so I'll have to start again. All that effort....At least they were only small flowers which will embellish my shawl. (which is very nearly done!)

And as soon as I sit down to knit this evening I know I will be pounced upon by my very eldery cat, who is in need of love, having been on her own most of the day, but rather than just sit on my lap, as soon as I start knitting she is just in my face - no other words for it - nudging me....aggghhhh.

Oh well, I think I'm going to get knitting. I have just received half the wool to make another shawl, this time for a friend, in the gold and pinks as featured in the pattern. But I can't start until I have received the Louisa Harding 'Grace'. Hope it arrives at work by Thursday, so I can start over the weekend. Otherwise it will back to husbands jumper....




No comments: