Saturday 26 April 2008

Gardening and knitting

Mmm, not sure gardening and knitting are the two most complimentary hobbies....

After spending two years renovating our suburban semi, we are now tackling the main garden (not the veggie patch which I sorted out the summer we moved in). But as a result of a few weeks digging and weeding, my hands are rough, dry and permanently soil stained, not conducive to snag-free knitting. However, much I slather my hands with hand cream, (I favour a L'Occitane one for very dry skin), wear gardening gloves it doesn't seem to make any difference...any advice?

Still, the garden is looking lovely, (especially if you don't look at the beds close up!), even if my hands are most definitely not . With a ceaonthus about to burst into bloom, blossom on the crab apple tree, a few scattered tulips, and our new wildlife pond it's definitely the best I've seen it...

Spuds, beetroot and spinach are in the ground (no signs of live yet) and in the greenhouse tomatoes, sprouts, broccoli , courgette, aubergine and a shallow pot of lettuce are sprouting. Just awaiting the chillis, peppers, cucumbers, sweetpea and nastursiums .....

No comments: