Saturday 26 April 2008

Another unexpected birthday

Actually it should read, another completely unanticipated/forgotten birthday, only this time it was a friend's big 4-0. Didn't realise till the morning of our brunch invite that this was actually a slightly premature celebration of her big day, and I didn't think going along armed with something I'd bought in our weekly shop was a good idea. Anyway, Milly made her a beautiful bracelet and a week later I posted these gorgeous gloves to her- frugally made with leftovers from the wrap I have just finished plus a ball of Louisa Harding 'Impression' I had in my stash.

I LOVE this glove pattern - its knits up so quickly, great for last minute presents, the Louisa Harding yarn is amazing and the end result is gorgeously frivolous flirty gloves. the pattern can be found in Louisa's "Knitting Little Luxuries" book. A book definitely worth having.

No comments: