Thursday 13 September 2012

Debbie Bliss Magazine Autumn Winter 2012

Well, I have had a few days to digest the contents of the Debbie Bliss Magazine Autumn Winter 2012, so I thought I'd share a few of the highlights with you.

The first thing both Kate and myself love is a flattering fitted cabled sweater knitted in Debbie Bliss Paloma, a beautiful blend of baby alpaca and merino (and currently my favourite yarn of the season.)

Next up is a lovely long cabled scarf knitted in Debbie Bliss Rialto Chunky.  I don't think I would make it quite as long as it is shown in the magazine, but it is lovely all the same.

If I need to knit a baby hat this season, I will probably knit the one in this magazine. Simple stocking stitch, but complete with earflaps and a tiny stalk on the top just for fun, it is perfect for winter arrivals and takes just one ball of Debbie Bliss Rialto Aran.

And then I love the waterfall cardigan featured in the magazine in cream Debbie Bliss Andes, a gorgeous so-soft blend of baby alpaca and silk.  I'm not sure cream is the most practical colour for me, but it's on my wishlist!

My son may be the recipient of one of the funky kids hats featured in the magazine.  Choose from owls, foxes, penguins or bears, knitted in the Cashmerino range of yarns.

I think I'll have to give the 'Folklore inspired knits a miss, as they take a certain amount of time and concentration that I lack at the moment with two small children running around.  But the man in my life might receive something for Christmas!  At last men are catered for with no less than 6 cardigan and sweater patterns to choose from!

Finally there are some gorgeous bold geometric knits for the home; cushions, bags, blankets and slippers.  The mitred garter-stitch log-cabin-style blanket knitted in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran really takes my fancy!

Right, on with my current projects, so I can start something new!

No comments: