Thursday 6 September 2012

Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran

Well, summer is almost done (although here in Suffolk we are being treated to a week long finale by the sun!)

Much as I like summer, I love autumn more, as I love knitting warm chunky knits and wrapping myself in the results!  We have plenty of new things in store to tempt you.

First is Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran.  Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester is a 100% British yarn in every sense. An aran weight, spun in Yorkshire, using wool from the noble British Blue Faced Leicester breed of sheep, with designs from one of the best known British designers, Blue Faced Leicester is truly unique. Nowadays when many of the goods we all come across in our everyday life have travelled thousands of miles to get to us, it is great to be involved with a yarn that can be described as truly “ local “ in every sense.

Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran comes in 16 beautiful shades and has a wonderful supporting pattern book of the same name.

I love this green cabled jumper.

















and these gloves which only take one ball!  At only £5.95 per ball these would make a wonderful Christmas present (I have already completed three presents!)



















But I must finish my other projects first!

No comments: