Tuesday 24 May 2011

Cast on....and cast away stress

My sister kindly posted me an article by Sarah Stacey taken from 'You' Magazine (which comes with the Mail on Sunday) 15th May edition, entitled 'Cast on .....and cast away stress'

It confirms what we knitters have always known: knitting is a form of meditation, therapeutic, and a way to forget all about the problems of the day.

But it also mentioned the calming effects it can have for women with anorexia, the help it gives them in clearing their minds of eating disorder preoccupations.  It shouldn't surprise me, but I guess I had just never thought about it in that context.  It's a subject close to my heart as my 21 year old niece has an eating disorder, and our family is desperately worried about her.  I am going to speak to my sister and pack up a knitting parcel straight away!

2 comments:

Pat Harris said...

Thanks for the link. It was a timely reminder as I'm suffering a flare-up of eczema.

Wendy said...

A strange way to get in touch but it was lovely to meet you today. I am looking forward to seeing the new shop. Jane will help you with all Lavenham has to offer.