Saturday 17 July 2010

My tank top is finished!


Hurrah! Finished 10 minutes ago - just need the weather to perk up again now!
The pattern is 'Honey' from the Mirasol Collection Book 5. Knitted using just 5 skeins of Mirasol Hap'i yarn, a lovely soft, slubby heavy cotton (on special offer at £4.50 per skein!), it has a simple lace pattern which I found easier to knit once I had switched to my new KnitPro Symfonie Wood Straight needles as they are nice and sharp.
I made the smallest size, which was good as it comes up large, and I omitted the buttons at the shoulder as I didn't think they were necessary. All in all I'm very pleased with the results - I will wear this a lot, Spring, Summer and Autumn.
Onwards and upwards, two baby blankets to knit now for the imminent arrival of twins (not mine I hasten to add!)

No comments: