Monday 12 July 2010

Manos Wool Clasica Spiral Tweed Cloche

I am in LOVE! With a hat! I treated myself to a book last week (I had a £5 Amazon voucher, so it only ended up costing me £3.09) and it was the best £3 I have spent this year. The book in question is Knitting 24/7 by Veronik Avery, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
You know sometimes you buy knitting books and there is only one or two things you can imagine knitting? Well, this book is not one of those! I can imagine knitting all of them (and with the time I have spare for knitting these days, imagining is probably as far as I'll get!) Although Veronik gives some handy tips for squeezing in that extra odd row of knitting - so I'll definitely be giving those tips a try.
The book is jam packed with gloves, scarves, slippers, socks, a gorgeous skirt (that's on my knitting list too) and this beautiful cloche hat, knitted with just one skein of Manos Wool Clasica. I am dying to give it a try, but I have a few other projects I have to start and complete before then. It must be fate as www.cafeknit.com had just had a delivery of some Manos Wool Clasica, which I had opened and drooled over just minutes before flicking to this pattern. I am going to knit it in Bacchus, shade 6422, which is reduced at only £8.00 per skein.

No comments: