Tuesday 9 June 2009

Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton

I promised to sew a top for one of my best friends in the world, about 20 years ago. But shame on me I never did it (and I still have the pattern and material stashed away).
So, here is a knitted peace offering. Hopefully it will accomodate Jenni's baby bump, and prove useful in the next few warm months (i'm very optimistic!)

It's knitted with Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton from her Pure Cotton/Stella book, and it was fairly simple to knit. I love the waffley effect. I opted for sleeveless as a) it would be quicker to knit and therefore an outside chance Jen would get it whilst still pregnant, and b) thought it would be versatile and you could wear a long sleeve t-shirt underneath. OK, be honest Vic, it was really more a)....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Vic, You will be pleased to hear that it has been worn, loved by me, and much admired by others. I have been passing on your website details... Love, Jen. x