Saturday 6 June 2009

Colour is more important than price....

....when deciding what yarn to buy. Well, so say visitors to Cafe Knit who have taken part in Cafe Knit first Knitting Attitudes™ Survey. The survey is running until 17th June and we have had a phenomenal response to it within the first few days. I can already see some really interesting knitting trends emerging - and I'm glad everyone else's yarn stash is out of control too!!

Sewing up night tonight! Two lots of sewing up - a gorgeous sleeveless cardigan (knitted in Debbie Bliss Pure Cotton) that I have knitted for one of my best friends in the world (I promised to sew her a top 20 years ago and never got round to it, so this is by way of compensation) , and a lightweight jumper for myself knitted in the divine Louisa Harding Hulda yarn. Yipee, I can't wait, which is why I'm finding things to do on the computer, rather than face the music and sew up.

Why do I hate sewing up so much? I can't quite figure it out. I should be excited, as I would then be able to wear the garment I have spent months knitting, but instead I just want to move on and start knitting something else. The only explanation I can come up with is that I'm not very good at sewing up and so I don't want to do it, in case I ruin all my lovely knitting....

Right I'm going to bite the bullet now, and hopefully have some pics of at least one finished item to post tomorrow...(just remembered I have a 3rd thing to sew up, but might end up frogging it after all...the cardigan I knitted for discrete feeding of Dominic - he will shortly be embarking into the world of real food, so it probably isn't required anymore!)

No comments: