Friday 14 June 2013

Manos del Uruguay Alegria Sock Yarn

Alegria means 'Joy' in Spanish, which summed up my mood when I ripped open my latest delivery from Artesano Yarns!  I have bought two different colourways of Manos del Uruguay Alegria yarn to test the water and see what everyone thinks about it.  I think it will be a best seller. 
Initially it seems expensive (£17.50 for a 100g skein) but there is 425m of knitting pleasure to be had from a single skein, and no project in the pattern collection uses more than one skein.

I have never felt sock yarn so soft!  It is utterly gorgeous and in my mind worth every penny.  I will be using a skein to knit myself a Hitchhiker scarf (see Ravelry.com for the pattern).  I have to have this draped around my shoulders.  Too good for socks that no one will see!


No comments: