Friday 18 May 2012

Jubilee Window

Lavenham are running a competition for the best dressed shop window; we are running a bit late (the windows were meant to be ready by Monday) but better late than never.

Our jubilee window is still work in progress, but it's getting there! Take a look....


Above you can see the crown (knitted with Ashford Tekapo DK and beautifully felted by a lovely regular, Ann Baxter, and decorated by me) And the Union Jack recreated with Artesano Alpaca DK and Aran by Kate.


Here you can just about see the two rows of knitted bunting (Debbie Bliss Eco Aran) which was knitted by some lovely Cafe Knit regulars...


And here is a slightly better picture of the bunting.  Cool Brittania or what?!  I think our window may be too subtle to stand a chance in the competition, but I like it!

 

 



2 comments:

nannisandi said...

I like it!!

Grace Paretree said...

I love the bunting! Trying to work out which is Steph's pennant. Hope to see it before you take it down!