Wednesday 1 February 2012

Lovely hearts

So this is what I decided to do last night.  Make a bowl full of felted hearts (or milagros as they are called in the wonderful book called 'Gifted: Lovely little things to knit & crochet by Mag Kandis, from where I took the pattern) 

A bit tricky to start with, but I have got the hang of it now.  Just completed number 2 but need to felt it properly.  (I bunged it in with some regular washing at 40 degrees but it didn't really felt)

Both the hearts have been made with left overs of Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica, perfect for felting. 

I had a lovely morning off.  the shop is shut on Wednesday, so I dropped the kids off at school and nursery and headed into the nearest town, Sudbury, for some good old rummaging in charity shops, mainly looking for jumpers to felt and recycle.  Didn't have much luck today, but treated myself to a lovely coffee and scone (and peek at the latest issue of Mollie Makes) in a hidden treasure; The Secret Garden in Sudbury.

I know what I will be doing next Wednesday!

x

No comments: