Tuesday 20 September 2011

My sister's coat

It's finished!  A beautiful coat for my beautiful big sister, who celebrated her birthday last week. A labour of love, as a friend aptly pointed out.

Knitted in the gorgeous Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed Chunky yarn, I am so pleased I started knitting this in May, for completion in September.  The pattern was so complicated!  I was doing fine (back knitted up quickly, 6.5mm needles, my kind of knitting!) until I had to decrease for the armholes, when I just completely lost the lace pattern and the will to live at certain points.  It was only through sheer willpower and the help of my friend Paula from the Harrow Knitters that I completed this at all! 

I finished it off with two gorgeous vintage purple pear mother-of-pearl buttons.

Anyway, I hope my sister likes it; I thought it was perfect for walking the dog on a blustery autumnal day.

1 comment:

pammiewammie said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! What pattern did you use?