Thursday 18 March 2010

Frankie's First Birthday Dress

I have completed something on time! Frankie's first birthday dress (birthday tomorrow!). Started about a month ago using a pattern I bought from Ravelry , it looked so sweet I just had to try it . The pattern is called 'Very Cherry' by Alana Dakos.

I used yarn I had swapped at a recent yarn swapping session we had at the Harrow Knitters (it is the now discontinued Jaeger Pure Cotton). I like the thought that the yarn comes from one of the other Harrow Knitters and has been used to make a dress for another member's daughter.

I love the finished dress and once Frankie is walking it will look really sweet. Dom tried it on over his PJ's (I had to see if it would fit!) and was reluctant to take it off - he is very partial to a bit of pink though!

No comments: