Friday 26 February 2010

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and Manos Wool Clasica: A delicious combination

I'm rather pleased with myself. I suddenly realised on Tuesday it was a friend's birthday today (Friday) and yet again I had left it till the last minute to make something, then I remembered that earlier in the week she had lost her gloves.

So between Tuesday and last night I managed to rustle up these lovely wristwarmers, which are actually from a kid's knitting book, but I had made them for Milly at Christmas and the larger size came up large enough for a small woman's hand.

Using just one ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, and scraps of Manos Wool Clasica left over from a Christmas project, I adapted the pattern slightly and made them longer at the top and added a cuff. I think they are pretty effective and she was certainly thrilled with them this morning.

No comments: