Thursday 23 April 2009

Strawberry Fields

Just the greenhouse to tackle now, although I might give it a rest today as I'm feeling a little jaded today having been up in the night two nights on the trot. I think it may be payback for the long morning sleeps Dom has had. So today I will wake him after a couple of hours, so cruel...:-(

I spend yesterday morning trying to get last years strawberries under control. They had taken over - I had no idea they were so invasive. And I ordered all my vegetables from http://www.vegetableplantsdirect.co.uk/ for delivery in May. Very easy to use website with fantastic choice and variety - I'll keep you posted when they arrive. I nearly ended up with 60 broccoli plants, due to not reading the descriptions carefully, but a quick phonecall sorted that out.

I took delivery of some gorgeous yarn yesterday which I'm dying to knit. Grignasco Merino Silk. I thought I'd try it out before deciding whether to stock it in www.cafeknit.com. I'd love to try some lacework, and I'm totally in awe of fellow Raveller vtknitboy's Lyra - click here to see what I mean! http://vtknitboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/meet-lyraa-two-month-project.html
But maybe that's a tad too ambitious for me at the moment! Maybe I should use it double and knit a simple vest. It is so gloriously soft....

No comments: