Thursday 26 February 2009

Liliana's Last Minute Lace Scarf


Why do I do this to myself? After my mad Christmas present knitting, I said never again. But here I am, end of February in the same situation!
I found out on Tuesday that it was a friend's birthday today (she kept it very quiet), so I decided to drop my current project (very secret squirrel) and knit her a quick gift.
I decided on a romantic lacy scarf from the brilliant book "Last minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson, and instead of using Rowan Kidsilk Haze I substituted Crystal Palace Kid Merino Plain which comes in a range of gorgeous colours (all in stock at http://www.cafeknit.com/kid_merino_plain.php). I plumped for this rich aubergine colour as I know Liliana has just bought herself a jacket in this colour, despite mainly favouring black..
So I set to work on Tuesday morning, completing a fair bit of the scarf whilst waiting at the Dr's for Dom's appointment for his first set of immunisations, finally finishing it last night at about 11pm, when I should have been tucked up in bed.
I'm really pleased with the finished result and the bonus is that there is plenty of yarn left to make another scarf, and possibly even a third! Excellent value....
I am going to give Liliana her gift tomorrow morning. Lets hope she like it too....and for now it's back to the secret project I'm working on!

No comments: