Friday 21 September 2012

Araucania Puelo

Araucania Puelo is a new luxurious DK weight yarn for Autumn Winter 2012 made from 100% baby llama. It is available in a range of gorgeous, variagated colors. It's a DK weight yarn and knits up with a lovely stitch definition and drape.

Llama yarn is very soft and is ideal for knitting drapey, flowing garments such as shawls, scarves and simple sweaters and cardigans.

I'm itching to start a new project (something for me, me, me!) even though I have other things to finish, and I think this may well be the yarn I use.  Well, someone has to try it!  But what to knit?  The supporting pattern book is due out any day now, so perhaps I should curb my impatience for a few more days and work on those UFO's!


Gorgeous rich shades!  When knitted, it doesn't stripe or pool, but blends in a subtle way.

No comments: